My friend and former co-worker over at White Noise is also a comic improviser and all-round amusing fellow. He’s come up with a list of improv rules that also, surprise surprise, apply to life (and business).
- Accept all ideas
- Make your partners look like geniuses
- Focus on the here and now – be in the moment
- Just listen and react to what was said or done
- You have to understand why you’re playing the game
- Just decide and do something
- Embrace failure, reject fear
- When in doubt, have fun
p.s. If you want to see Karl (and me) in action, check out our Hoser Tribute on YouTube.